Our Secret Ingredient ... Xylitol - The Next Game Changer

For most people and dentists recommendations, a product that is sugar free gives them a sense of relief that what they are consuming is both healthy and mouth friendly! For example, Xylitol is a common chemical compound found in many products to substitute for harmful sugar.

So, what is Xylitol?

The research is in, dentists are scrambling, and Brush Dr. is chilling because we have this covered. Xylitol has received a lot of credit in the recent months, but what is it? Xylitol is a naturally occurring alcohol found in most plant material, including many fruits and vegetables. It was originally extracted from birch wood to make medicine. It is also commonly used to combat middle ear infections in young children, and even used for nasal irrigation for those with sinus issues. 

We have been struggling for years going back and forth to the dentist getting our plaque and gingivitis scraped off our teeth every six month. It is time to cut the crap and start brushing with Brush Dr.  Traditional prevention like plastic toothbrushes and fluoride toothpaste just isn’t working. This is where xylitol becomes the game changer.

Why is this the next game changer? Well, xylitol—causes the mouth to become inhospitable to bacteria. Two exposures to Xylitol a day is equal to brushing your teeth five times a day with traditional toothpaste. Let’s not forget all the plastic traditional toothpaste leaves behind in our waterways.

Familiarize yourself with it and you can knowledgeably recommend it to friends + family.




Xylitol is highly toxic to our four-legged friends. While xylitol is absorbed slowly and has no measurable effect on insulin production in humans, in dogs their bodies mistake it for glucose which sends their body into an overdrive of production of insulin. This can lead to severe low blood sugar and even death in dogs. It can also lead to liver failure in dogs.